The UST Student Government Association elected seven new SGA officers in September. Their biographies, platforms and contact information is provided below.
Senator Jenny Phan:
- Senator Phan is a junior computational biology major in her first year at UST. She is from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She seeks to use her experience as a student who attended a college-preparatory high school to help prospective students transition into college.
Senator Melissa Alvarez:
- Senator Alvarez is a freshman biology major from Houston. She loves to volunteer and her primary goal as a senator is to make the freshman class’ voice heard. She hopes the student body can work together to keep improving student life on and off campus.
Senator Salvatore Aquila:
- Senator Aquila is a freshman double major in criminology and theology. He was homeschooled and is the second oldest of 11 siblings. His goal as a senator is to improve the UST experience for all students, especially the freshman class. He plans to do this by continually talking to students about their needs.
Senator Andreas Lupasco:
- Senator Lupasco is a freshman computer science major. He said he is friendly and easy to approach. He hopes to better UST and leave a lasting legacy after he graduates.
Senator Michaella Maniscalo:
- Senator Maniscalo is a freshman political science major on the pre-law track. She is from Spring, Texas and was homeschooled her entire life. As a senator, she wants to better the environmental sustainability of the campus and seeks to “enrich its educational and friendly atmosphere.”
Senator Andrea Molina:
- Senator Molina is a sophomore and an education major with a minor in business. She is from Cypress, Texas. She plans to travel to less-developed countries, and “bring laughter as well as an education to less fortunate children.” As a senator, she plans to be the voice of the student body and help realize the students’ goals.
Senator Francisca Gutierrez:
- Senator Gutierrez is a junior cell and molecular biology major. She strives to work for the sustainability of the school’s environment through eco-friendly activities. She also plans to improve the student body’s academic affairs.
Be First to Comment