Present: 14 Senators, Parliamentarian Nemec, Dean of Students Lindsey McPherson
Absent: Senator Abiola (excused), Senator Ahmed, Senator Boukari, Senator Lupascu, Senator Robertson
Quorum present? Yes
- Former Pro Tempore Jack Dowling stepped down from his role on March 18.
- SGA President Greg Pirolli nominated Senator Salvatore Aquila to fill the vacancy.
- Nomination of Pro Tempore Aquila passed unanimously.
- Senator Gutierrez said the Student Life Committee did not hold an official meeting; however, they discussed a bill via group text message which Senator Luu will propose in the future.
- When former Pro Tempore Dowling stepped down from his role, he also left a vacancy as chair of the Academic Affairs Committee. Aquila was co-chair with Dowling. A motion for Aquila to fill the chair of Academic Affairs position was approved.
- Senator Creech resigned as chair of the Catholic Identity Committee. A motion to table filling the chair vacancy until more senators were present was passed unanimously.
- Senator Gutierrez said the Catholic Identity Committee did not meet either, but discussed via group text message the possibility of renting out a movie theater to show a Catholic movie.
Senate Resolution 11: By-law Amendments in the new constitution.
- Aquila explained that the by-laws only need SGA approval.
- The old by-laws were edited for the new constitution to include rules for SGA.
- The new by-laws were sent to senators the night before the meeting; only one senator read through them.
- Senate Resolution 11 was tabled until next meeting to allow all senators a chance to read the new by-laws.
Senate Bill 22: Oh My Gogi! Food Truck for “I-Fest.”
- Senator Luu asked SGA to allocate $1,500 for Oh My Gogi! food truck to cater the University’s International festival on Thursday, April 4.
- SB 22 was passed unanimously.
- I-Fest took place on April 4.
- Allocations for groups requesting funds from SGA will take place April 9, 11 and 16. These meetings are open to the public and will be held in the COC room upstairs in Crooker at 12:30 p.m.
- Tickets for Spring Formal are on sale. Spring Formal will be held at The Corinthian on April 12.
- Priolli said he was sad about the low turnout of senators at this meeting. He said he wants to engage more with the senators and hopes that the senators bring a lot of new bills to the next meeting.
The next SGA meeting will be held on April 23.