Present: 12 Senators, Student Government Vice President Jack Dowling, UST President Richard Ludwick, Vice President of Marketing and Communications Jeff Olsen, Vice President of Student Affairs Patricia McKinley, Vice President of Enrollment Management Arthur Ortiz, Assistant Dean of Students Amanda Villanueva, Director of Residence Life Ana Alicia Lopez, Student Body President Nadine Fallah
Quorum met? Yes
- Senator Boukari said the Student Life Committee created a bill for Student Government hats to hand out to students. She said they also discussed creating a bill to provide a charging station in Crooker.
- Senator Pena said the Catholic Identity Committee created a bill for “spiritual care packs.” She said they will meet with Campus Minister Max Linnville to discuss “collaborating” with Campus Ministry.
- The Academic Affairs Committee said they discussed a resolution for a student center and computer access in Crooker. The committee created a bill for “course availability” that will be discussed at the next Senate meeting.
- The Finance Committee said they are creating a resolution bill for SG printing hours that would create work-study hours and extend printing hours.
Guest Speaker: UST President Richard Ludwick
- President Ludwick addressed student questions about the recent news of faculty lay-offs.
- Many points Ludwick made echoed the president’s Oct. 29 public forum and are covered in the article linked above.
Old Business: None
Senate Bill 6: Caring Messages to Nursing Homes
- SB 6 was tabled until the next SG meeting.
Senate Bill 7: Student Hats
- SB 7 was tabled until the next SG meeting.
Senate Bill 8: Course Availability Survey
- SB 8 was tabled until the next SG meeting.
Senate Bill 9: Religious Final Care Packs
- SB 9 was tabled until the next SG meeting.
- Dowling said there will be an open forum with Vice-President of Academic Affairs Chris Evans on Nov. 14 at 12:30 in Anderson 103.
An “emergency” SG meeting was held on Nov. 12.